- We prepare teachers for 21st Century schools with state of the Art infrastructure.
The institute has the following general and method laboratories available for the students to use:
- Smart Classrooms.
- Computer Laboratory.
- Language Laboratory.
- Library with rich collection
- Psychology Resource Centre.
- Information and Communication Technology Resource Centre.
- Science and Home Science Resource Centre.
- Mathematics Resource Centre.
- Social Science Resource Centre.
- Art and Craft Resource Centre.
Each general and method laboratory has a teacher in-charge who ensures maintenance of the equipments and other facilities.
- Computer laboratory has a full time computer instructor.
- Centralized facilities of maintenance of equipment by the trained technician /personnel are available.
- The enhancement and up gradation of the equipment and laboratory is done regularly to keep abreast with latest equipment/facilities for various laboratories by the institute and management.
Learning Facilitation Lab
- Total Number of Books: 11352
- Total Number of Titles: 3525
- Total Number of Reference Books: 940
- Encyclopedias: 16
- No. of Magazines: 11
- No. of Newspapers: 05
- Dissertations: 140
- Monographs: 195
- Digital Material (CD’s): 278
- Synopsis of Faculty of Education Panjabi university Patiala (year 2012, 14 & 15)
Journals Acquired For the College: 15 (National= 14 and International=1)
- Recent Researches in Psychology (Life Time Subscription) – (Quarterly)
- Edutrack (Life Time Subscription) – (Monthly)
- University News – (Weekly)
- Indian Education Review – (Quarterly)
- Indian Educational Abstracts – (Quarterly)
- Alberta Journal of Education and Research – (Tri-Annually)
- Journal of Indian Education – (Tri-Annually)
- School Science – (Quarterly)
- Bhartiya Adhunik Shiksha – (Quarterly)
- The Primary Teacher – (Quarterly)
- Primary Shiksha – (Quarterly)
- Journal of All India Association for Education Research – (Life time)
- Anweshika – (Half Yearly)
- Journal of Social Sciences (Life Time Subscription) – (Tri-Annually)
- Journal of community guidance & counseling (Life Time Subscription) – (Half Yearly)
Membership of DELNET scince-2007, & N-list since-2010
Applied for subscription of 4 online journals from Wiley Blackwell in 2015
- British Journal of Educational Research
- Review of Education
- Research World
- School Science & Mathematics
- India Today – (Weekly)
- National Geographic – (Monthly)
- Competition Refresher – (Monthly)
- Outlook – (Weekly)
- Reader’s Digest – (Monthly)
- Greh Shobha – (Monthly)
- Meri Saheli – (Monthly)
- Sports Star – (Weekly)
- Women’s Era – (Bi-Monthly)
- Preet ladi – (Monthly)
- Seminar – (Monthly)
News Papers: 5
- The Tribune
- Hindustan Times
- Amar Ujala
- Punjabi Tribune
- Employment news
In library of University School of Education, we have 137 dissertations and 171monographs have been added to the library till the session 2011-12. Five new computers have been installed in the library for creating a digital library. Students will have access to online magazines, newspapers and various e-books related to the field of education through DELNET. We have the subscription of N-List (INFLIBNET) from the month of June 2012.
Highlights of University School of Education’s Library
- Spacious, well ventilated and comfortable with the sitting of 100
- All books have been classified as per DDC 18th addition.
- Technical processing of each and every book has been done.
- OPAC for book search is available.
- Library catalogue displayed on College’s website.
- All books have been marked with their rack numbers for correct replacement.
- Four National Journals as well as 1 International Journal is subscribed by our library. We are planning to subscribe 4 more online journals in this session.
- Back Volumes of all journals subscribed by our library have been maintained since 2005.
- Book Bank Facility is being provided to economically weak students since inception of the college. Five books to each student are issued for an entire session. Since 2006, sixty-four students have been benefited with the service.
- Best Library Reader Award is given to two students one from B.Ed and one from M.Ed on the annual function day.
- Inter College Competitions for the library on various themes are organized every year since 2012.
- All the Educational Surveys and Commission Reports which are vital for research work in the field of education are available in the library.