Myths and Misconceptions Standing Between Average Students and Top Universities
- March 16, 2019
- Posted by: Rayat Bahra
- Category: MBA
Choosing the right MBA program is really a mind-trotting thing, especially for the students who are average in studies. Why Science says the average students do not exist? Do test and exam marks really indicate student’s intelligence? Do only students from non-reputed colleges get high packages?
How do you define an average student? The one who is studying at a good college but he is an average student, who is scoring average marks and having a great knowledge. Or the one who is studying in top university, but has no practical knowledge and conceptualization.
There is nothing like that an average cannot do MBA, what matters on the top of all is that he choose right MBA program and right institute. It is essential that the student should be taught with student-centric approach.
Does only top universities offer best MBA programs?
Todd Rose (Author and Social Entrepreneur) explains in his book The End of Average:
“Most of us know intuitively that a score on a personality test, a rank on a standardized assessment, a grade point average, or a rating on a performance review doesn’t reflect your, or your child’s, or your students’, or your employees’ abilities. Yet the concept of average as a yardstick for measuring individuals has been so thoroughly ingrained in our minds that we rarely question it seriously.”
Apart, there are many famous personalities who are ruling the world but are not MBA.
- Mukesh Ambani – India’ Richest Businessman, he is not an MBA degree holder, he never topped in the college, but his skills, smart-thinking had made him to touch the sky high.
- Albert Einstein – The man, known for “Inventions and Discoveries” has never been gone for higher studies due to unstable life. But, without any studies, on the basis of skills and genius mind he gave the world a new wavelength.
This shows to become a successful personality, what matters is how focused you are towards your goals, not the education from reputed colleges.
So, this is a myth, which has been cultivated in the minds of many that for an MBA only top universities is only makes a good option. And, this is the another reason, which makes many average students with all the potential capabilities to not to do MBA. Because, many times they don’t meet the eligiblity criteria and get failed in getting admission. These days there are vast majority of business schools that includes IIMs who select the students based on CAT score, which sometimes is very hard for the average students to beat. In this way, the average students who have to go through these establishments get profoundly exemplary.
There is a misconception that only good marks proves you intelligent. Many believe that only the students with good grades have the potential to do best. But, this is not the truth. The reality is, good marks can fulfill the eligibility criteria, but cannot evaluate your performance in the industry. By cramming the things you can score the best, you can be a topper, but you can’t be the industry leader. In every field, whether it is related to management or engineering, creative thinking and intellectual skills plays a crucial role. Your creative ideas became your strongest weapon, which make you to touch the heights of success – not the marks. Knowing this, the top MBA colleges in Chandigarh emphasize on providing practical knowledge and grooming with aspect to creativity so that there students become industry-oriented. They don’t believe in making their students to be a degree holder, they believe in making them excellent managers.
For example: Google do not rely too much on school or university results.
Here are the few examples of personalities who have became self-made billionaires because of their brilliant ideas:
- In 1975, cofounders Bill Gates and Paul Allen came across an ad for the Altair 8800, one of the earliest forms microcomputers. They built a programming language called BASIC, which became the foundational code for Altair 8800. Soon, Microsoft built an operating system called DOS and licensed it to IBM. A few years later, Microsoft built Windows that had a more graphical interface than DOS. Since then, Microsoft has become one of the biggest tech companies ever, dominating the PC and software market. It’s a $370 billion business spanning servers and data centers, as well as video games and mobile phones. Gates is the richest man in the world with a net worth approaching $80 billion.
- Marc Benioff had a revolutionary idea when he founded Salesforce in 1998. He wanted to deliver software over the web, or the “cloud,” making it faster and easier to install and update. Salesforce started out as a service for salespeople, but now it has different software for marketing, customer service, and even data analytics. It’s one of the fastest business software companies to ever reach $5 billion in sales, and Benioff is worth about $3.8 billion. He’s also credited with pioneering the cloud market, which is now one of the hottest areas in tech.
What MBA course should the average students go for?
Whether you are looking for MBA courses in IIMs or in the top MBA college in Chandigarh, the choices makes the process overwhelming. Starting from the program type to the selection of top MBA courses in Chandigarh, takes a lot of efforts and time. There are number of MBA courses, one should go for but the most important is which subject is of your interest. RBU – the best university for placements in Punjab offers dual specialization programs such as HR, Finance, Operations & SCM, Marketing, IT, Family Business, and Entrepreneurship.
Rayat Bahra University has prime objectives behind offering MBA programs to the students:
- They believe in making students aware about the changing business environment.
- They make their students to become expert in diverse disciplines by offering them state-of-art knowledge in the segments of managements.
- They polish the problem solving and analytical skills of the students by following student-centric approach.
- motivates average students to touch the heights of success and make them industry-oriented.
Why Choose RBU?
In the last three years, it has been simultaneously seen that ample of talent from the top MBA college in Chandigarh is coming out. Because, the way Rayat Bahra University is providing education to the students is really appreciable. They don’t offer any kind of atmosphere to the students where they will feel demoralized. RBU emphasizes on all the aspects where students can show up their practical skills and knowledge. Regular seminars, workshops, and sessions are being conducted related to MBA where students can participate and learn new things.
Not only this, everyday student get the chance to explore new things – whether it is related to personality development, management skills, team work or analytical skills. The university provides best placements to the students. Till now, it has 23000 students in an reputed companies with a lucrative packages of 10 Lacs Per Annum. The placement cell of this top MBA college in Chandigarh is so excellent that they have made 94% successful placements in MBA.
Hence, every average student can go for the elite programs like MBA, if they take admission at the right Business School like RBU – one of the top MBA colleges in Chandigarh.