Give your career a head-start with Scholarships at RBU
- July 30, 2018
- Posted by: Rayat Bahra
- Category: Scholarship
If you’re looking to jumpstart your professional career, then Rayat-Bahra scholarships and concessions could offer you the right opportunity. The benefits of scholarships at RBU go far beyond providing you with financial assistance for your education in the best university in Chandigarh. This university helps in the career development of meritorious, deserving and needy students from every corner of the country. So, every student who benefits from the same will not only be able to aim for higher education but will be able to educate and inspire hundreds of students like them to pursue higher studies.
To put it rightly, this move is aimed at encouraging the more aspirants who are economically weaker and bring them at par with everyone. Under any scholarships and concession schemes at RBU, the student can choose any college whichever he/she wants to get admission.
Most importantly, RBU has set scholars on an accelerated path by awarding scholarships of Rs 9.5 crore in the year 2017.
Here are the various scholarship schemes students can receive at RBU:
Scholarships at RBU for the complete duration of the course
100% Tuition Fee Waiver
– This scholarship and concession are for those students whose both the parents are not alive.
50% Tuition Fee Waiver
– The 50% Tuition Fee Waiver is for those students whose father is not alive.
In both the above waivers, students are required to submit the death certificates as required. Also, single girl child born under the “Beti Padhao Beti Badhao Scheme” are eligible to get 50% Tuition Fee Waiver for their studies. The students are required to submit an affidavit on the desired format every semester/year for availing the concession. The format is available on www.rayatbahra.com
25% Tuition Fee Waiver
– The students whose siblings, i.e. Brother or Sister is studying in RAYAT-BAHRA Group can receive the concession. The concession will be given to both the students till the time both are studying.
A candidate is required to maintain the good academic performance with minimum CGPA of 6 without any supplementary/backlog. And in case, if there is any supplementary/backlog, the concession/scholarship for that particular period or semester will be withdrawn and will be only restored for the subsequent semesters after clearance.
Scholarships at RBU for meritorious students at entry level
– It’s only a first time concession which is given at entry level wherein the students are admitted on the basis of percentage of marks in the qualifying exam. The student who has scored in between 65%-75% marks will receive 25% tuition fee waiver. While the students who have scored >75%-85% marks is eligible to get a 40% tuition fee waiver. 75% tuition fee waiver will be given to those students who have scored >85%-90% marks. And if a student has scored more than 90% marks, then a student will be eligible to receive a tuition fee waiver of 90%.
– Alike undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses at RBU also provide only first time concession at entry level. So, if any student has applied to any postgraduate course in the best university in Chandigarh, he/she will receive different tuition fee waivers on the basis of percentage of marks in the qualifying exam. The student is eligible for availing 25% waiver if he/she has scored <60%-70%. Whereas students with >70%-80% marks will be eligible to receive a 40% tuition fee waiver. 75% tuition fee waiver is for those students who have got >80%-90% marks. The highest scholarship of 90% tuition fee waiver is applicable for the students who have scored >90% and above marks in the qualifying exam.
Scholarships at RBU based on University/Board results during the course
25% Tuition Fee Waiver
– This scholarship can be availed by the students who have secured 1 to 3 positions in the University with CGPA more than 9. For availing this scholarship, the student is required to submit the copy of the University/Board Merit List. This concession is valid for a semester only if the student secures 1st to 3rd positions as stated in one semester of the academic session. However, if the student secures the above stated positions in both the semesters/annual examination, the scholarship shall be adjusted along with the tuition fee of next semester/year of the respective classes. While for final year students, the concession will be adjusted in the tuition fee of the last semester only.
Post Matric Scholarships scheme for SC/ST students as per Govt. Norms
This scheme is for Scheduled Caste students who need financial assistance in their studies at post matriculation or post-secondary stage. RBU facilitates such students in completing their education. Under this scheme, the scholarship will be paid to the students whose parents/guardian’ income from all sources is less than Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rupees 2.5 lakh only) per annum. For more information, you can visit the website, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment: www.http://socialjustice.nic.in/postmatsch.php
Note: All above scholarships/concessions are valid only for Indian Nationals and are valid for students of batch 2018 only.
RBU, being the best university in Chandigarh provides its students with this exact privilege with an absolute freedom to chart their own growth and stand out from the crowd with ease.