S. GS Bahra, Chancellor, Rayat Bahra University honoured for his Social Work
- June 11, 2018
- Posted by: Rayat Bahra
- Category: Awards
CHANCELLOR RAYAT BAHRA UNIVERSITY AWARDED BY GOVERNOR OF PUNJAB FOR SOCIAL WORK
The Punjab State Red Cross Branch presented the award of honour to S. Gurvinder Singh Bahra, Chairman Rayat- Bahra Group and Chancellor Rayat-Bahra University, Sahauran, Mohali in recognition of his social work. The Award was presented to him by His Excellency The Governor of Punjab and President of Indian Red Cross Society, Punjab State Branch today 08 June,2018 at Mahatma Gandhi State Institute of Public Administration, sec-26, Chandigarh.
S. Gurvinder Singh Bahra has always played an instrumental role towards social work since his childhood. In education sector his first step was setting up an engineering college in rural Punjab in 2001 later followed by other colleges-law, education, pharmacy, management, polytechnic and an international school in the same area to cater to the children of that area. This was just the start and till date Gurvinder Singh has been contributing a lot in social work. Now, group has prolifically grown since then to 60 institutes encompassing Engineering, Management, Education, Pharmacy, Sciences, Law, Social Sciences, Hotel Management, Medical & Allied Sciences, Nursing and Dental Colleges as well as two renowned universities. In addition, it also runs 6 international schools for improving the quality of basic education in schools. The campuses are operating in the States of Punjab-Mohali, Hoshiarpur, Ropar,Patiala, Himachal Pradesh-Shimla Hills, Haryana-Sonipat catering to the needs of various students. These campuses have played significant role in regional development.
• Providing employment in the States of Punjab, H.P, and Haryana to 6000+ people itself is a contribution towards society.
• Rayat Bahra Group has signed MoU with Indian Red Cross Society, National Headquarters, New Delhi for promoting humanitarian principles and values; Disaster response; Disaster preparedness; and Health and Care in the Community.
• Rayat Bahra Group offers a large number of scholarships and concessions to meritorious, deserving and needy students and helps them aim for higher education. There are 100% to 50% tuition fee waiver scholarships for students whose both parents are not alive, father is not alive and single girl child. Rs. 9.5 Crores scholarships Awarded in 2017
• The group campuses have adopted of 130 + Neighbourhood Govt. Schools for improvement in education standards.
• All Rayat Bahra campuses are equipped with medical care centres and ambulance for providing free service around the clock for students and highway emergencies.
• The group campuses through staff and students regularly organize free camps-Dental check-up, medical check-up, blood donation, awareness camps, ghar ghar naukri, etc. in rural areas.
• The group has adopted blind schools and school for mentally challenged.
• Free guidance and counselling to rural area students is provided by Rayat Bahra group.