To create a platform for promoting interdisciplinary research in Rayat- Bahra University.It is envisioned that the department with its multi-disciplinary nature will not only accelerate its growth but would also enable to engage faculty across academic & research institute like Panjab university, PGI,IISER etc.
Research and Development (R&D) has been proved to be crucial factor moving the world technological frontiers, while at the same time facilitating new technological and scientific innovations. R&D comprise of creative work undertaken on a systematic basis in order to increase the stock of knowledge in various fields of science and technology and advance education, learning and expertise in the country’s manpower. In the last decades international knowledge, in natural sciences, social and economic fields, flows continuously and studies showed that is a major factor in world economic growth. Universities are an increasingly important component of the scientific innovation and technological advances in many sectors of the economy and production. The role of R&D is evidenced by the recent scientific literature on the impact of science and technology spillovers on growth and productivity of developed and developing countries. Expenditure in scientific research and technological development in most countries provided a set of indicators that reflect the increased economic progress and the advanced technological structure at national level. Appropriate use of R&D provide solutions to infrastructure systems (motorways, transport facilities, energy storage and electricity grids, telecommunications, sewers, naval ports, environmental protection facilities, etc) serving the economy, industry, and agriculture on a global scale.
Here are a few reasons why we should focus on research and development:
- Research is essential for facilitating outstanding student education and training.
- It helps in providing a particular texture to the academic environment of the university which further gives a distinctive and distinguishing educational experience to the students.
- Research universities can share and promote values of scholarship with other universities by connecting with each other through competition and cooperation that will further push academic performance and excellence.
- Research-intensive universities encourage excellence in education and research at the highest level of learning. When students engage in research, they get into a careful process of honing their skills and critical thinking abilities further. And in this way, they are best prepared for facing the future challenges and opportunities.
- Research is the foundation for knowledge which makes possible the vast sea of innovation and application providing wider benefits. This also adds to the stock of global knowledge and is a source of new ideas, techniques, innovation, and methods, across a wide range of disciplinary areas.
Objective of Ph.D. Programs:
- The Rayat Bahra University has a mission to develop high quality scientific and professional specialists having strong base of principles of science and the scientific methods, deep understanding of their chosen areas of specialization , the motivation to learn continually, interact with multi-disciplinary groups and to handle new challenges offered by the front-end technologies.
- The Ph.D. Program is designed to impart knowledge, and consolidate concepts and intellectual skills through courses, seminars, projects, and thesis work. Above all, it helps the scholars to develop the capacity for free and objective enquiry, courage and integrity, awareness and sensitivity to the needs and aspirations of the society.
- The Ph.D. Program provides the scholars an enabling research experience during their stay in the Rayat –Bahra University thus helping them to enter their professional life with right perspective and knowledge related to their respective fields of specialization.