Travel Guidelines for International Students
Pre Arrival Guidelines
While departing from your country ensure the following things.
♦ Original and photocopies of Academic Transcripts (Mark sheet & Certificates)
♦ Carry 10 passport-sized photographs.
♦ Original and Photocopy of your PASSPORT / NATIONAL ID.
♦ Fee Transfer Receipt (SWIFT Advice from your Bank) of your Academic as well as Hostel Fee
♦ Admission Letter issued by Rayat Bahra University at the time of reporting at University.
1. Students are advised to carry sufficient amount of Cash/Credit Cards as per their living standard and if carrying in US Dollars or any other currency, you may get it exchanged from FOREX Counter at International Airport or any other relevant place.
2. Keep all your valuables and important documents (Passport, Visa papers, Acceptance letter, Academic Certificates, etc.) in your Cabin/Hand baggage, to avoid the possibility of their getting misplaced during baggage transfer by Airline staff, while in transit/change of Flights.
3. The electric standard in India works on 230 V. So, ensure that you have an adapter for your mobile or laptop if it operates on a different voltage in your country. Also the electric sockets are 2 or 3 pin so ensure that you carry a converter in case required.
4. Complimentary one-time Airport pickup at Chandigarh International airport, Chandigarh Railway Station, Chandigarh Bus Station (Sector 17 and Sector 43) and IGI International Airport, New Delhi is available on advance booking basis and the request must be submitted to International Admission department via e mail at ______________, at least two weeks before your Flight date. The pickup facility is available only during the reporting month at the time of beginning of first semester classes.
5. For airport pickup you need to share the following details with International admission team:-
Student name, Country coming from, Airline Name, Flight Number, Arrival date and time.
Academic Session is scheduled to begin from _______. The students will be allowed to stay in hostel accommodation only.
1. It is strongly advised to have a valid Health/Medical Insurance for all International Students while traveling to India for study. One copy of Insurance must be submitted at the University at the time of Reporting.
Climatic Conditions of Tri-City
You will experience all 4 seasons here in India. Temperature of Mohali/Chandigarh during summer (May-June-July) ranges between 30 degree centigrade to 44 degree centigrade and during winters (November- December-January) 2 degree centigrade to 20 degree centigrade, so it is advised to pack your bag accordingly. During remaining Months it’s usually pleasant (ie: during Autumn and Spring seasons).
RBU Campus Rules & Regulations:
1. In campus hostels are available on advance fee payment basis. Separate boys and girls 3 seater hostels are available for international students. Food facility is also available along with hostel fee.
2. Students who have not paid their hostel fee shall either deposit the hostel fee (one year) at the time of arrival or should make an alternative stay arrangement in nearby hotel until the hostel room is allotted.
3. RBU campus is Non-Alcoholic Campus. Any student found smoking or Consuming drugs/ Alcoholic drinks inside University premises (Campus/ Hostel/ Classrooms/ Rest Rooms, etc) will be reported immediately to Local Police Station for further action.
4. We have zero tolerance for Indiscipline and Ragging of any sort inside campus.
5. RBU is a Wi-fi enabled campus so it’s suggested to carry own laptop and Smart phones. Any student found involved in Cyber Crime (Hacking / Misusing Passwords /Pins, etc) will be reported immediately to Local Police Station for further action.
6. Indian mobile sim cards can be purchased either from outlets inside campus or can be purchased from any mobile shop outside University campus.
1. Students must always present a clean, professional appearance. Everyone is expected to be well-groomed and wear clean clothing, free of holes, tears, or other signs of wear.
2. Clothing with offensive or inappropriate designs or stamps is not allowed.
3. Clothing should not be too revealing.
Post Arrival Guidelines
On arriving at Rayat Bahra University Campus, you shall report initially at International Admission Department (Admission Cell) and undergo University admission verification Process.
You are requested to present the following documents for your smooth and successful registration with University:
1. Original Fee Transfer Receipt (SWIFT Advice from your Bank) of your Academic as well as Hostel Fee.
2. Original and photocopy of Academic Transcripts/ Certificates / Results.
3. 10 Passport size color photographs.
4. Residential Proof / National ID and Address Proof.
5. Original and photocopy of Passport, National ID/Citizenship card (whichever is applicable).
Due Tuition and Hostel fee:
Tuition fee (including Hostel fee) has to be fully paid at the time of registration with the university. Any delay in clearing the payment due to any reason will result in holding your Student Registration until the Fee due is clear.
Medical Health Test
All International students coming to India for studies needs to go through a medical test, Covid-19 & HIV, Yellow fever and must submit the test report at Rayat Bahra University, Admission Cell.
Registration with FRRO:
All International students who have come to study in India need to get themselves registered at The Foreigner’s Regional Registration Office (FRRO) within 14 days of arrival in India (not applicable in the case of Bhutanese and Nepalese students). The University’s International Office helps and guides the students with the bonafide letter.