Rayat Bahra Group
Rayat Bahra Group is one of the largest educational groups in North India, established under the flagship of President- S. Nirmal Singh Rayat and Chairman- S. Gurvinder Singh Bahra. Since its inception, the group has pioneered in the field of technical education. With its first Engineering College established in 2001 at Railmajra, Distt. Nawanshahr, it has prolifically grown since then to fifty five technical institutes encompassing Engineering, Management, Education, Pharmacy, Sciences, Law, Hotel Management, Nursing and Dental Colleges as well as two renowned universities. In addition, it also runs an international school at Railmajra and four PSEB schools. The group has spread its wings across several North Indian states of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh and operates two international campuses in the UK and the USA.
Rayat Bahra Initiatives
- Skill Development Centre (SDC)
With its state of the art infrastructure, the centre provides constant access to skilled and dedicated faculty that uses innovative methods of teaching in imparting quality education to all. In addition, a strong emphasis is being placed on industry oriented curriculum that has already created new benchmarks in the education sector. SDC has powerful tie-ups within the industry and has signed an MOU with several renowned corporate like Maruti Suzuki India Limited, Volvo Eicher, Volkswagen, Royal Enfield, Bosch, Ford etc. This MOU’s allows in:
- Knowledge transfer
- Technology sharing
- Training and course development services
- Academic guidance
- Career and placement
- Skill and employability development
- Faculty and train the trainer programs
- Special Entrepreneurship Cell (SEC)
An amount of Rs 1cr has been donated by Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Centre (Department of Science & Technology), Entrepreneurship Development Centre (AICTE) & EDI, Ahmedabad for entrepreneurship development incubation and activities. In this regard, SEC encourages students to bring out entrepreneur skills within themselves and is the only institute in the region to have such an incubation centre.
The group awards meritorious and needy students by giving annual scholarships and concessions up to Rs 8 crore in different categories.
- Some Student Achievements
- Super Mileage Car: Secured 1st rank in Asia and 13th rank in the world, for extra long mileage of 250 km/l. The competition was held in Michigan, USA in the year 2008.
- Formula One Car: Secured 1st rank in Asia and 20th in the world. The competition was held in California, USA in 2009. An innovative concept that then won recognition all over the world.
- Moon Buggy: Secured 1st rank in Asia and 12th in the world. The competition was held in Alabama, USA in 2012.
- All Terrain Vehicle: Secured 1st rank in Asia. The competition was held in University of Texas, USA in 2015.